Sorry, this job has expired.
At Volunteers of America, we are more than a nonprofit organization. We are a ministry of service that includes nearly 16,000 paid, professional employees dedicated to helping those in need rebuild their lives and reach their full potential.
Currently we are seeking a Production Cashier to join our thrift store in Columbus, OH.
You can expect to:
• Maintain guest services.
• Generate sales.
• Operate a cash register.
• Assist in loss prevention, housekeeping, merchandising, signing and pricing to ensure smooth flow of merchandise through store.
• Provide customer assistance.
• A high school diploma or equivalent
• 1 year retail experience as a cashier
You must be able to:
• Process information/merchandise through computer system and registers.
• Read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
• Freely access all areas of store including selling floor, stock area, and register area.
• Operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store.
• Move or handle merchandise throughout the store.
Your work hours will vary as business dictates.
Through our hundreds of human service programs, including housing and healthcare, Volunteers of America touches the lives of almost 1.3 million people in over 400 communities in 46 states as well as the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico each year. Since 1896, we have supported and empowered America's most vulnerable groups, including veterans, at-risk youth, the frail elderly, men and women returning from prison, homeless individuals and families, people with disabilities, and those recovering from addictions. Our work touches the mind, body, heart — and ultimately the spirit — of those we serve, integrating our deep compassion with highly effective programs and services.